First National Level Business Plan Competition on
13th January 2018.
Uniglobe College, affiliated to Pokhara University, runs Bachelor of Business Administration in Banking and Insurance (BBA-BI), Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Master of Business Administration (MBA) and Master of Business Administration-Finance (MBA finance) with great results and good reputation since 2009 AD. Uniglobe College has achieved a remarkable height with its strong management team, faculties and distinct culture which promotes overall development of the students in the very short span of time. It strongly believes that extra-curricular and co-curricular activities are very essential for the overall development of an individual’s academic, personality and comprehensive growth. It has a successful history of conducting many inter-college events to enhance skills of youths. Being determined by this fact, Uniglobe Center for Entrepreneurship has come up with the concept of National Level Business Plan Competition. Uniglobe Center for Entrepreneurship (UCE), indispensable part of Uniglobe College, is all set to host the First National Level Business Plan Competition on 13th January 2018.
National Level Business Plan Competition-2018 is an inter-college and an open competition event organized by Uniglobe Center for Entrepreneurship. It aims to bring the pool of innovative and creative youths in a common platform to aid their creative ideas turning into successful start-ups. Similarly, it aims to boost the entrepreneurial skills and abilities of energetic youths to analyze, create, design and market new product and service. Besides, it also broadens the knowledge of participant related to research and development, operation, human resource planning, finance and marketing activities of a business organization. The program culminates in a competition with prizes and awards to the teams with the best business plans.
It is an initiation to bring different participants from a diverse background in a single platform to share diverse business ideas, learn from each other, and to celebrate togetherness setting a perfect benchmark in an entrepreneurial frontier. This event also enables students to collaborate with several professionals, investors, and students of other colleges and expand their network.
Objectives of National Level Business Plan Competition-2018
With the motive to bring different colleges from different parts of Nepal together in a single platform, and to enhance the knowledge, proficiencies, and experiences of management students, this event is being organized.
Major objectives of this program are:
- To promote the entrepreneurial spirit, skills, and experience among the students.
- To provide a platform for students to unveil their hidden talents, proficiencies and ideas towards commercialization.
As this event is an inter-college competition, there will be participation and involvement of students from various colleges affiliated to different universities from Nepal. Particularly this event focuses on the bachelor’s and master’s level student from different academic programs. Along with this, many distinguished guests will also be attending the event to judge the ideas. Similarly, venture capitalists and angel investors from different fields will be there to motivate, promote and implement the ideas in the real market.
1. Category of the program
The program is categorized in a single section where the participants have to compete with the fellow participants to win the title.
Registration fee is NRs. 5000/- for each team. The amount can be deposited at the following address:
Nepal Merchant Bank (NMB) Ltd.
Account no.: 00100200185640000001
Account holder name: Uniglobe College, New-Baneshor, Kathmandu.
*Note: 1 photograph of each of the participants along with the photocopy of valid ID card is compulsory. An original copy of deposit slip needs to be attached.
3. Phases of the competition
Stage 1: Submission of business idea and business model
(Template will be provided and participants are required to prepare slides as per it.)
Stage 2: Participants are required to prepare the draft of the plan.
(The business plan format will be provided and participants have to work accordingly)
Stage 3: Submission of final draft of the plan
Stage 4: Presentation of the business plan
4. Screening phases
Participants will first be screened on the basis of the idea of the participants which will be judged by our judges after the submission of the business model. Then, finalists will be sorted out as fair as possible and only top 10 selected participating teams will be selected the final round which will be informed later on.
*Note: Business ideas presentation will be held in a very confidential manner.
5. Evaluation criteria for the first phase The evaluation criteria are as follow:
|Creativity and uniqueness of the idea||15%|
|Strength of the value proposition||20%|
|Width of the windows of the opportunity||25%|
|Viability, feasibility, and prospectus for commercialization||30%|
|Overall composition and expression of the presentation||10%|
(Note: The template for the first phase will be sent to the participants once the students are registered. Then, the business plan format and the evaluation criteria for the 2nd phase will be sent once the students go through the screening process.)
6. Business Plan Competition program schedule and key dates The key dates and events are shown below;
|17th November, 2017||Registration for entry||Before 5:00 PM|
|02nd December, 2017||Submission of business plan proposal||Before 5:00 PM|
|09th December, 2017||Announcement of finalists||At 3 PM|
|11th January, 2018||Submission of final business plan report and slides||Before 5:00 PM|
|13th January, 2018||Presentation of business plan||10:00 AM onwards|
7. Grand event: 13th January 2018
Prize: Cash, Certificate, and Trophy
|Title Prize||Cash amount|
|First Runner-up||Rs. 30,000|
*Certificates are provided to all the participants.
TERMS AND CONDITION:
- Each team should comprise of maximum three members in which one female is compulsory as a team member.
*In case of a single participant, it is not compulsory.
- Any team or participant will not be allowed to take part in the competition without registration.
- Presentations will be evaluated by the panel of experts and their decision will be the final decision.
- Prior notice should be given for any changes in the registered form to the organizing team as soon as possible.
*Any hidden changes in anything lead to the disqualification of the team form the competition.
- All the participants must bring their valid identity cards of the college or the organization they are representing.
- Any kind of indiscipline, fraudulent activities and deceptious behavior will not be tolerated.
*If any such behaviors are found, then they will be disqualified as stated above.
- The participants should show discipline and punctuality during their participation.
- The participants should give prior notice if they are not able to attend the scheduled competition.
- Plagiarism also leads to disqualification of the team from the competition.
- The business plan should be fresh and new. It should not have been presented in any formal competition before.
- The first financing right of the business plan of the winning team will solely be given to the sponsors of the program (i.e. If the teams need other investors, the first option will be our sponsors, however, authority to sell their ideas is only on the team member’s decision.)
Benefits to the participants
- The participants will get a lifetime opportunity to work on, share and experience business plans competition.
- The participants will have the national level platform to finance their ideas.
- The venture capitalist, present on the final day of the event, invest in the ideas of the participants if they are satisfied and found ideas investment-worthy. However it depends upon the venture capitalist whether to finance the ideas or not.
- The teams will have the sole authority to bargain on the price of their ideas only if they are ready to sell.
- Certificate of participation will be provided to every participant of the competition. And so on.
Note: These rules and regulations subject to change in case of contingencies and unwanted obstacles in the organizers and in the country. In case of any changes, the organizing committee will make the final decision and inform to all the stakeholders.
Thank you for your consideration.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Udhav Joshi: 9848760236
Sabina Sadaula: 9845684818
Jyoti Khadka: 9860233977